What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

HARRY O - Coinage of the Realm - He has to find a girl's father so she can get a blood transfusion. There's a funny scene where the camera is placed on ground level and David Janssen is walking through a crowd of non-actors. And these kids are looking right at the camera and waving and they must have said something because Janssen turns around and looks at them. They kept it in. It seems to suit the lackadaisical nature of the character.

SWAT - Jungle War - Hondo's old war buddy from 'Nam shows up to join the team. Problem is it's Cameron Mitchell who had a classic crazy breakdown which leads to a stand off in a warehouse and hand to hand combat.

HARRY O - Coinage of the Realm - He has to find a girl's father so she can get a blood transfusion. There's a funny scene where the camera is placed on ground level and David Janssen is walking through a crowd of non-actors. And these kids are looking right at the camera and waving and they must have said something because Janssen turns around and looks at them. They kept it in. It seems to suit the lackadaisical nature of the character.

SWAT - Jungle War - Hondo's old war buddy from 'Nam shows up to join the team. Problem is it's Cameron Mitchell who had a classic crazy breakdown which leads to a stand off in a warehouse and hand to hand combat.
Ah the old standby of the 70s, the crazy Vietnam vet. I remember watching an episode of Kojak, the villain was obviously military trained so Kojak told Crocker to contact Washington and Saigon for details. That brought home how old this series was.

Ah the old standby of the 70s, the crazy Vietnam vet.
I forgot -in the Harry O episode, there were two hired killers who were so obviously intended to be more than "straight" friends by their behavior and they were also Vietnam vets.

I used to watch that show.
It was a sequel series to Space Academy . The effects haven't aged well but it still fun to watch . James Doohan was elder for the first season and John Russel took over in season 2. Produced by Filmation . :cool:

I'm getting into the last third of the more recent 'The Stand' series. It's definitely picked up, and much more interesting - but still not as good as the old series. It will be interesting to see how it ends, which was one (the only?) really disappointing thing about the original mini-series.

THE TIME TUNNEL - Pilot episode - I have not watched this show in a long time. Quite high budget for an hour episode. Fancy special effects for the underground base.

THE INVADERS pilot episode-- I don't think I ever saw this show before. I assumed it was black and white. Oh I almost forgot: A Quinn Martin production.

HUNTER S1 A Long Way From LA - These shows are very goofy and dumb but they are watchable. This has the same basic idea as a show like the Wild Wild West where one partner is into disguises. McCall is always doing some kind of voice impersonation in the episodes so far. She wears a lot of makeup for a cop too.

CANNON s1 Tonight's episode: Girl in the Electric Coffin - Cannon seeks the daughter of a cosmetic heiress after a colleague is killed while pursuing the job that he had turned down.

PETROCELLI s1 A Lonely Victim - a child hires him to help her mother who is accused of murder. For once the local hick police lieutenant who usually acts as a foil for him wants him to help the kid.

Kleo on Netflix. First 2 episodes. Really good revenge thriller. Young Stasi agent is betrayed by someone in the E German heirarchy and imprisoned after a kangaroo court. 3 years later the Berlin Wall comes down and she is released with other political prisoners into the chaos of reunified Germany. Queue revenge, plots and conspiracies etc. VG.

Finished the Anime version of Cowboy Bebop and was really impressed. I’m now re-watching the live action version.

The second episode of The Sandman. It's pretty good so far, but I feel I could've casted it better.

I watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed it. Dark, not fast moving, but I wouldn't say dull. Great atmosphere.
(The pied raven looked suspiciously like a magpie).

It was a sequel series to Space Academy . The effects haven't aged well but it still fun to watch . James Doohan was elder for the first season and John Russel took over in season 2. Produced by Filmation . :cool:

Anything with Sid Haig in is worth a watch...

and Nicole was a BABE!

SusanOHanlon.jpg

WAY OUT - episode 1 "William and Mary" - Heard of this series for ages--finally checked it out. Roald Dahl hosts.
I had seen this story done in a radio version from a Vincent Price show.

My Living Doll - Something Borrowed, Something Blew - Rhoda is used to persuade a playboy millionaire to invest in a new psychiatric wing but he wants her to be his eighth wife and she agrees (since she agrees to anything that is asked of her). Bob has to program her to impersonate the guy's other seven wives when he gives a hand signal in order to get him to abandon the idea. Silly but there is some amusement to Julie Newmar's impersonations.

The Time Tunnel ep 2 - One Way to the Moon - this series is rather expensive-looking. They don't go cheap on effects except I think they recycle some moon footage from another movie.

Sarge episode 1 A Terminal Case of Vengeance -- this is great twisted melodrama show. Sarge has to track down a man who has terminal cancer but it takes him to the daughter of a big mob boss. The missing man had taken surveillance photographs of the girl when she was 12 and took photos of her again 20 years later.
Then he kidnaps her and forces her father to take a ride with them to the beach. Meanwhile Sarge locates the man's estranged son (Mike Farrell) who he had turned over for adoption. So what's the mystery? Decades earlier the man had taken his young son to the beach shortly after his wife had died and he gets into an altercation with a few hoodlums--one of whom was the mob boss. The man was so humiliated in front of his son and the beach crowd he couldn't raise his son and vowed that if he ever got news of a serious illness he would have his revenge. So he brings the mob boss to the beach, forces him to eat dirt, and then makes him put on a dress and dance around in front of his daughter as he takes photos.
Sarge shows up and convinces the man not to shoot the mob boss.

Sarge tells him that he should really focus on his life and son and not have done this and the guy gleefully says: "but you didn't see him dance!"

The daughter tells her humiliated father he ought to apologize to the man and he says: "why don't you shut up?"
Hokey series but I am liking it. The opening of the show is a photo montage of George Kennedy from childhood through his military services, boxing etc.

Last edited:
IRONSIDE s5 ep 1 Contract: Kill Ironside - James Olson guest stars as a hit man with a family (Marion Ross is his wife) and a dying father subplot. Hearing him lecture his kid about homework is definitely different as far as these hit man plots go. He is actually shown shooting Ironside in the head but it is an imaginary sequence of what he plans to do and he would have done it if not for a brash young hitman who shows up to upstage him.

MANNIX s6 ep 1 The Open Web - Jumped ahead a few seasons--quite a difference. He now appears to be working out of his home instead of an office and freelancing for the police. Show stealer Rip Torn tries to kill him a few times (looked like he had been a recurring character from the previous season judging from Mannix's reaction to seeing him at the start). Torn holds a family hostage and Mannix lets himself be taken prisoner as well so he can fiddle with a kid's marble-shooting gun to make it fire a shotgun shell. Is that even possible?
In the end it doesn't matter to how the story is resolved except Torn tries to get a child to shoot Mannix with it.

Three episodes of House of the Dragon. So far , so good. Not quite Game of Thrones, but an engrossing show.

Also enjoyed the limited series The Devil in Ohio.About a girl who escapes a cult and is abducted.